Firm: Berlandi Nussbaum & Reitzas LLP
Location: New York - NY
125 Park Avenue, 25th Floor
New York, New York 10017
- Tel : (212) 804-6329
- Fax : (646) 461-2312
- Email : email@example.com
Brian Berlandi is a founding partner of Berlandi Nussbaum & Reitzas LLP (BNR) and leads its Corporate and Real Estate practice groups. His specific practice includes the representation of both institutional banks and private lenders in real estate secured lending deals. Such deals include both senior and mezzanine loan facilities secured by real estate assets of all types.
Brian is considered one of the premier business and corporate lawyers in the New York area, and has twice been selected as a top-rated lawyer in New York by Super Lawyers (https://profiles.superlawyers.com/new-york-metro/new-york/lawyer/brian-l-berlandi/7c60a1ae-7a4e-4f2e-b812-46cb6aaf10a4.html)
Brian is also the recommended lawyer for New York by The Banking Lawyers (http://www.the-banking-lawyers.com/expert-directory/brian-berlandi/)
Brian is a graduate of Bowdoin College and Boston College Law School.
BNR is a general practice law firm committed to delivering premier legal services to its clients. BNR attorneys offer clients a wide variety of legal services within three core practice areas – Corporate, Real Estate, and Litigation. BNR maintains offices in Midtown Manhattan, White Plains, and Pawling, NY.
For more information about Brian and BNR go to www.bnrllp.com
Brian began his legal career in New York City at the law firms of Pennie & Edmonds, LLP and Wollmuth Maher & Deutsch LLP.
From there, Brian moved in-house to Mercury Partners, LLC, a real estate private equity firm based in Greenwich, CT, where, in additional to providing legal counsel, he worked on the business side of transactions. At Mercury Partners, Brian played a key role in the management of all legal and compliance matters for a registered broker dealer and investment advisor. He also drafted all corporate documents and commercial contracts, including: operating agreements, by-laws, offering memoranda, subscription agreements and real estate leases. Notably, Brian also played a key role in the sourcing, structuring of, capital raising for and acquisition of businesses and real estate properties totaling over $20,000,000 in the following sectors:
- Assisted living
- Restaurant franchises
After Mercury Partners, Brian joined the law firm of Daniels and Porco, LLP where he served as a partner and, among other duties, oversaw the Banking and Real Estate Group. During Brian’s tenure at Daniels and Porco, LLP, he worked on a variety of sophisticated matters for clients such as hospitals, healthcare management organizations, lending institutions and technology companies, such as:
- Closing over $200,000,000 worth of complex real estate and other secured financing transactions, including transactions involving participating banks, for the firm’s banking clients
- Representing not-for-profit hospitals in commercial financing transactions, as well as tax-exempt bond and equipment-lease financing transactions through local Industrial Development Agencies and the Dormitory Authority of the State of New York
- Counseling healthcare and other corporate entities in successful transactional matters, including mergers, acquisitions, asset-purchases, stock purchases/sales, joint ventures, partnerships and other strategic alliance relationships.
- Drafting and negotiating commercial contracts of all kinds, including vendor outsourcing agreements; software and hardware licenses; software and hardware development, implementation and maintenance agreements; patent, trademark and copyright licenses; manufacturing, supply and distribution agreements; sales and purchasing agreements; marketing and advertising agreements; confidentiality and non-disclosure agreements; Internet and E-commerce related agreements; real estate construction and development contracts; commercial and residential property leases
- Providing counsel to start-up companies regarding matters relating to incorporation, employment, tax, intellectual property, financing, etc.
- Drafting governance and administrative policies for corporate clients, including those relating to collection practices, document retention and computer/email usage by employees
- Counseling trademark, copyright and patent owners regarding intellectual property clearance, prosecution, enforcement and litigation matters
After Daniels and Porco, LLP, Brian then took on the role of General Counsel and Director of Operations for All Access Dental, a private, 15-site dental practice and associated dental lab located throughout NYS and Florida. At All Access Dental, Brian was responsible for all legal and operations matters of the company.
Berlandi Nussbaum & Reitzas LLP
Berlandi Nussbaum & Reitzas LLP (“BNR”) is a law firm committed to delivering premier legal services to its clients. BNR attorneys offer clients a wide variety of legal services within our three core practice areas – Corporate, Real Estate, and Litigation.
As devoted as BNR is to providing high-quality legal services, we are equally committed to improving the way in which clients pay for legal services. Therefore, we offer a variety of creative alternatives to clients to better align our interests with those of their own.
BNR maintains offices in Midtown Manhattan, White Plains, and Pawling, NY.