Firm: Johnston Pratt PLLC
Location: Dallas - TX
1717 Main Street Suite 3000
Dallas, Texas 75201
- Tel : 972-474-1718
- Fax : 972-474-1750
- Email : email@example.com
Kenneth Johnston―known by many as KJ―has deep experience in financial services matters. He handles class action and complex commercial litigation within the industry, as well as select broader commercial issues. On any given day, he focuses on litigation and trial work involving myriad issues faced by banks, funds, private equity participants and other financial services companies. His general litigation practice is complimented by a deep understanding of insolvency and creditor rights, which not only distinguishes him from his peers—but provides his clients with a wider view of issues that often arise in financial disputes.
- Exclusive Featured Attorney for Dallas by Premier Banking Lawyers (2019)
- AV Preeminent® Rating by Martindale Hubbell
- Super Lawyers by Thomson Reuters (2006–2016)
- Texas Rising Stars by Thomson Reuters (2004, 2006)
- Best Lawyers in Dallas published by D Magazine, Banking and Finance (2013–2016)
- Ranked in Chambers USA Guide, Texas, Litigation: General Commercial (2009–2010, 2013–2016)
- Recognized by Lawyer Monthly in the Leading Lawyer Global 250 Guide, an annual guide of lawyers whose knowledge and experience continue to influence the wider profession, and who have achieved recognition through other notable honors (2014)
- Received Law Awards 2011 for Commercial Litigation Firm of the Year, USA by Finance Monthly
- Named as one of the Best Lawyers Under 40 in 2006, an exclusive list of attorneys published by D Magazine
- Earned spot among The Defenders, an annual listing of the top 15 business defense attorneys recognized by Dallas Business Journal (2008)
- Litigation Counsel of America, Member
- American Law Institute, Elected Member since 2010
- Principles of the Law, Data Privacy—Members Consultative Group
- Rest. Third, Torts: Economic Torts and Related Wrongs—Members Consultative Group
Johnston Pratt PLLC.
Johnston Pratt provides sophisticated legal counsel to the financial services industry. The firm emphasizes depth over breadth—delivering rock-solid advice founded on decades of industry experience to banks and other industry players facing litigation, credit, reputational, and regulatory risk. The firm’s capabilities include litigation, transactional, insolvency, compliance, and investigation.
Our values guide our approach:
Sense of Urgency. Clients hire Johnston Pratt to manage crisis or capture opportunity. We consider it imperative to act promptly and decisively.
Obsessive Curiosity. Curiosity drives broader knowledge and better counsel. We examine deeply the events, people, and legal frameworks that affect our clients. Our obsession for detail gives our clients commanding influences and positions.
Collaborative Philosophy. We expect our professionals to become leaders in their fields. We also require them to check egos at the door because we know that collaboration improves client outcomes.
Clear Communication. As client advocates, we must speak and write effectively. Clarity is a difficult but teachable skill that we refine every day.
Advanced Technology. We invest in cutting-edge technology and security tools, meeting or exceeding the demands of our most regulated clients.