Location: Jacksonville - FL
One Independent Drive, Suite 1200
Jacksonville, Florida 32202
- Tel : (904) 301-1266
- Fax : N/A
- Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Matt McAfee is a founding partner at DMHD. He focuses his practice in the area of real estate and banking law. He represents buyers and sellers in commercial real estate law, acquisitions and dispositions, commercial development, and commercial leasing. He has extensive experience in real estate project finance, including securitized debt and mezzanine financing. Mr. McAfee also represents clients in real estate-backed lending and the workout of distressed credits.
He previously worked for Foley & Lardner LLP (Jacksonville, Florida), first as an associate and then as a partner, before forming DMHD in 2003.
- University of Florida, J.D. with High Honors, 1993
- Florida Law Review
- Order of the Coif
- Duke University, B.A. (Political Science), 1989
- Admitted to the Florida Bar
- The Jacksonville Bar Association
- International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC)
- NAIOP, Commercial Real Estate Development Association
- Urban Land Institute (ULI)
- Jacksonville Symphony Orchestra, Board of Directors Executive Committee, Vice Chair
- Leadership Jacksonville, Class of 2006
- Tree Hill Nature Center, former president and board member
- Rotary Club of Jacksonville, Board of Directors member
- First Coast No More Homeless Pets
- 200 Club of Jacksonville, member
- AV Peer Review Rated by Lexis Nexis | Martindale Hubbell
- Best Lawyers in America in the practice area of Banking and Finance Law (2016-2019)
- Florida Trend’s Legal Elite (multiple years)
- Florida’s Super Lawyers list (2015-2019)
- Jacksonville’s Top Lawyers in Jacksonville Magazine
Drawing on diverse backgrounds ranging from national corporate law firms to executive management, our team of legal professionals offer a broad scope of experience in the practice of law for business owners, property owners, developers and corporate entities in Florida and the rest of the United States.
Our approach in all areas is to consult with our clients to identify their needs and to develop an effective and efficient plan to help them accomplish their goals. Our Jacksonville-based law firm strives to find customized solutions, solving our clients’ most demanding legal challenges. At the same time, we are small business owners committed to supporting local causes and contributing to the quality of life in our community through our activities and affiliations both as individuals and as a law firm.